Friday, July 13, 2012

Connected again! and an update

I know it's been suite a while since I last posted, and I sincerely apologize. Our computer broke and I refused to buy an ultra gamer (read: expensive) one from the exchange and therefore ordered one and had to await it's arrival. When I say it's broke, it's not like a virus I can override by formatting the drive or something  (yes, I am a nerd). The hard drive is fried. Good times. Luckily I was able to rig it to my new one and get most of the files off before it completely went kaputz.

At the same time (almost the same day) Adam's phone died. I guess since we've had the phones for over 2 years I shouldn't complain too much, but it seriously threw a wrench in our ability to communicate with each other at all. Ah well, practice for when he submerges again right?

A silver lining is that I was now driven to figure out why the Wii hasn't connected to the internet in about 2 years so that I could use the "Internet Channel" to do some very basic tasks.

Other than that: here's a recap of what's gone on over the last few weeks:
1) The kids went to VBS at the base chapel and made a bunch of friends. I did as well :)! Only downside: the baby was lost without all the other kids and would crawl through the house crying looking for them.

2) Spent a good portion of a Saturday at Gab-Gab beach with new friends. AMAZING day, there were so many fish out and the kids even saw an octopus! I realized that day that I need to purchase a paddle board and a waterproof camera while we are here.

3) The kids went to swimming lessons and made more friends (again, as did I). However, I decided I need to hire a private swim instructor. I'm a bit picky after my time in RI at "the pond" as a kid over how they are taught.

4) I bought me first fresh, whole, tuna the other day at $4 a lb. It wasn't even gutted. After prepping it myself, I figured out that it was really a lot easier than I imagined it would be and I'll probably just stick to cleaning them myself from now on. In a related note: handing my oldest daughter a whole tuna in the car and telling her to hold it was priceless.

5) I've realized that I can't buy "reef fish" to eat. I'm too used to seeing them in pet stores for aquariums.

I also don't have the guts yet to try the jellyfish that's offered at a local restaurant.

I'm sure I'll get over both issues eventually. Just not yet.

6) The baby has decided that it is unacceptable for anyone else to feed him. He must feed himself. (I think this is related to him now having 3 teeth). This venture has led to me just deciding to pull him from his high chair and put him directly in the sink for a bath after dinner. It's much easier than dragging him all the way up the stairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment